Roast Beef With Marsala Gravy Ingredients:
1 (3 lb) boneless beef roast, such as bottom round or 1 (3 lb) rump roast
1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves, cut into thick slivers
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup beef broth
3/4 cup marsala cooking wine, dry
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter
1. Place the roast in a shallow baking dish and rub with the salt and pepper.
2. Place in the refrigerator uncovered 8 hours or overnight.
3. Before cooking, let the roast sit at room temperature for about 1 hour.
4. Using a thin sharp knife, poke slits all over the top and sides of the roast and stuff each slit with a garlic sliver.
5. Preheat the oven to 400.
6. In a medium roasting pan fitted with a rack, place the beef on the rack and pour 1 cup water, 1/4 cup broth, and 1/2 cup wine into the bottom of the pan.
7. Roast the beef for 15 minutes and turn down the heat to 325.
8. Cook for an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the internal temperature of the beef is 120 degrees F, adding the remaining 1/4 cup water to the pan, if necessary.
9. Remove the roast from the oven, transfer the roast to a warmed platter and tent with foil to rest.
10. Meanwhile, place the roasting pan over high heat and deglaze with the remaining wine.
11. Add a large sprig of fresh rosemary to the sauce. Reduce by 1/3.
12. Stir the flour into the remaining 3/4 cup broth, and then whisk into the sauce. Simmer until thickened.
13. Remove the rosemary sprig, stir in the butter and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
14. Serve the sauce with the sliced roast beef.
Beef Rib-Eye Roast With Potatoes, Mushrooms and Pan Gravy Ingredients:
6 -8 whole garlic cloves, sliced
1 (4 lb) beef rib eye roast
3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2-1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1/2-1 teaspoon white salt
fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
1/4-1/3 cup low sodium beef broth
4 lbs small potatoes, peeled (use very small potatoes or use larger and cut in half)
3 -6 tablespoons oil
1 lb small white button mushroom
2 tablespoons butter, very soft
2 tablespoons flour
2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1. Make slits in the roast and stuff it with garlic slices all over (you may do this the24 hours in advance).
2. Rub the roast all over with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the roast in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up.
4. Allow the beef to come down to almost room temperature (this will take about 2-1/2 hours).
5. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Pour 1/4-1/3 cup beef broth in the bottom of the pan.
7. Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast.
8. Cook the roast for 40 minutes.
9. After the 40 minutes of cooking the roast, toss the potatoes in oil and then add to the pan, stirring to coat with the meat juices, then season the potatoes with salt and pepper, continue to cook for about 20 minutes.
10. After 20 minutes of cooking, add in the mushrooms to the pan, stirring to coat with the juices, and then continue to cook for another 40-50 minutes, depending on how you like your roast (your thermometer should read about 130F).
11. Remove the roast to a cutting board, and transfer the potatoes and mushrooms to a platter.
12. Pour the pan juices into a small saucepan and skim off any fat accumulated on top.
13. Pour the 2 cans of beef broth into the pan juices and bring to a boil; lower heat and let simmer for 3 minutes.
14. Mix together the soft butter and flour in a small cup, the add into the saucepan with the tomato paste; whisking gently to combine.
15. Slice the beef and serve with gravy, mushrooms and potatoes.
Prime Rib Roast Beef With Fresh Garlic and Rosemary Ingredients:
1 (5 lb) boneless beef rib roast (bone optional)
1 -3 teaspoon coarse salt (generous amount)
1 -3 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
10 garlic cloves
1. Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile mix salt pepper and rosemary together.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
4. Score roast in 10 random spots for the garlic. Rub roast with the seasoning mix. Place cloves into slices.
5. Place roast on a rack in the pan with the fat side up.
6. Roast for 1 hour.
7. Turn off oven.
8. Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours.
9. About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast.
10. Important-- Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until 20 minutes before ready to serve.
11. Remove roast 20 minutes after heating.
12. Slice end cuts for those that like medium well, center cuts for those that like it medium rare to rare.
Note:I got the roasting idea from Paula Deen. When I first saw this way of cooking I said to myself "Get out of here"! BUT this is great for putting in the oven and going to a movie, spending time with guests, preparing the rest of the meal, or just you time. I changed the time to what worked for me. Seasoned to the way we like it. With lots of Fresh Garlic and Rosemary. I made boneless because that is what was for sale. And makes for easy slicing! The cooking time is the actual time roast is in oven while on. Add 3 hours for resting in cooling oven. Oven Door MUST stay closed.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.