8 ounces wide egg noodles
1 pound lean (90%) ground beef
12 saltine crackers, crushed
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 large egg
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1 can (141⁄2 ounces) chicken broth or
13⁄4 cups Chicken Broth
1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1. In covered 4-quart saucepan, heat 3 quarts salted water to boiling over high heat. Add noodles and cook
as label directs.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine beef, saltines, onion, egg, salt, and water just until well
blended but not overmixed. Shape mixture into 16 meatballs, handling meat as little as possible.
3. Spray nonstick 12-inch skillet with vegetable cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot.
Add meatballs and cook, turning frequently, until meat is browned and no longer pink in center, about 12
minutes. Transfer meatballs to plate.
4. Stir flour and paprika into drippings in pan; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Stir in broth and heat to
boiling; boil until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream. Return meatballs to
pan; heat through.
5. Drain noodles. To serve, spoon meatball mixture over noodles. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
As an accompaniment to this dish, toss 1 pound green beans, Brussels sprouts, or broccoli florets with 1
tablespoon olive oil and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Spread in jelly-roll pan and roast at 450°F until tender, 15 to 20
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.