Recipes for Christmas Dinner Christmas Main Dish Recipes Make your 25th merry with these traditional main dishes Prime Rib Roast Beef With Fresh Garlic and Rosemary Ingredients:
1 (5 lb) boneless beef rib roast (bone optional)
1 -3 teaspoon coarse salt (generous amount)
1 -3 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
10 garlic cloves
1. Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile mix salt pepper and rosemary together.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
4. Score roast in 10 random spots for the garlic. Rub roast with the seasoning mix. Place cloves into slices.
5. Place roast on a rack in the pan with the fat side up.
6. Roast for 1 hour.
7. Turn off oven.
8. Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours.
9. About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast.
10. Important-- Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until 20 minutes before ready to serve.
11. Remove roast 20 minutes after heating.
12. Slice end cuts for those that like medium well, center cuts for those that like it medium rare to rare.
Roasted Turkey Ingredients:
1 bunch celery, coarsely chopped
4 carrots, coarsely chopped
4 onions, coarsely chopped
2 heads fennel, chopped (optional)
2 leeks, white part only,sliced
1 orange, sliced
2 tablespoons dried basil
12 lbs turkey, cleaned
4 ounces frozen apple juice concentrate
4 ounces water or 4 ounces white wine
6 ounces orange juice
2 ounces lemon juice or 2 ounces lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1. In the bottom of a roasting pan large enough to hold the turkey, combine celery, carrots and onions.
2. In a small bowl combine fennel (if using), leeks, sliced orange and basil.
3. Toss to mix.
4. Place mixture in cavity of turkey.
5. Place turkey on top of vegetables or on a rack over vegetables to cook.
6. Make glaze: In a small bowl combine apple juice concentrate, water, orange juice, lemon or lime juice and soy sauce.
7. Set aside.
8. Place turkey in a preheated 400* oven 1/2 hour, then lower temperature to 350* and cook 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until an internal temperature of 180* to 185* is reached.
9. After first half hour of cooking, baste bird every 10 to 15 minutes with glaze mixture.
10. Remove turkey from oven and allow it to rest 20 minutes before carving.
11. While turkey is resting, pour off all pan juices into a"de-fatting cup" and allow juices to separate from fat.
12. When separated, carefully pour into a serving pitcher or gravy boat.
13. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
14. Place turkey on a platter for carving.
15. Note: Removal of all skin before serving will lower fat content of each portion.
16. Makes 12 servings.
Molasses-Glazed Ham Steak Ingredients:
4 teaspoons molasses
1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 (1 lb) lean cooked ham steak
1. Combine all the ingredients but the ham in a small bowl.
2. Grill the ham, turning one time.
3.Brush frequently with the molasses sauce.
4. Grill about 6-8 minutes, until light brown.
5. (This could be broiled.).
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.